Thursday, May 28, 2009

Incident This Morning

This morning, when I switched on my secondary phone (for my part time business purposes), I received an sms from a customer whom I posted her items yesterday. I thought it was a normal sms saying that the item has been received...but it was NOT. I'm so shocked when I read her sms that Pos Malaysia has called her and informed that her parcel was being torn and all the things inside was scattered in the post bag! OMG, how can that be?! All these while I've been sending almost 30 parcels but nothing had happened...The thing is, I already wrapped all her items inside a box, then I put the box inside a big envelope (just a precautions so that the box will not be wet if it's rain) tp lain pula jadinya :(

I was so worried that I called her instantly. She calmly said that nothing to be worried as the postman has just delivered her the items. I asked her what about the conditions? are they being broken? did the VS paper bag been torn? She said all are in good condition and I need not to be worried. She added that it was not my mistake, even thanked me for the fast delivery and would love to order more item...*sigh*...I'm so lucky to meet a very calmed and understanding customer as Hana (I yg panik n geram lelebih..huhu). Thank you so much dear for being so understanding and considerate, I'm truly sorry of what has happened.

It was my 1st visit to this particular post office to post my parcels and look what damaged they made :( I'm sure something went wrong there...it's either they throw my parcel instead put it nicely into the postage bag or maybe curiosity leads to opening my parcel. Entahla....to me, it's kinda weird considering the fact that:
1. I have put the things inside a BOX , + wrapped it with an envelope but still it was easily torn...where was the box then???!
2. Pos Laju did not called me at all to inform this incident!


Well, the damaged has been done and lesson learned....no more going to ****** Post Office to post my parcel! :( will go to either Cyberjaya's or SS15 only...
My dear customers, I also promise that I will be extra careful in doing the packaging next time...just to be on the safe side....

6 comments:

Ummu Umar said...

hai nadia just drop by, still keje maxis kt plaza sentral ker?

Nadine said...

salam zah,

what a pleasent surprise :)

ingatkn sape td. lama x jumpa kn, last skali saya ingat masa tu awak tgh sarat mengandung. td tgk blog dh pandai jln dh umar!

takla zah...dh setahun 5 bulan dh x keja sana. nadia skang keja kt Ericsson, Cyberjaya.

nadia link blog zah ye...tq! ;)

HalfBlood Princess said...

Hmm ada jgk kes mcm ni yer..sm je masa izu kt uk, ktrg pos hadiah utk adik n ank sedara sham...kim duit skali, tgk2 duit tu kene kebas tah ke mana...sibbaik tshirt nike n jeans n bju cherokee utk adik ipar n ank sedara tu ada..eii masa tu sgt geram lps2 tu trus ktrg xpos dh..menyampah kt p.o tu..xhonest lgsg staff dia..trus smpn aje brg2 smpi nk blk msia ..anto naik kontena...selamat sume brg2 ktrg..

dworry dear, we know ur service is tiptop.;)

Nadine said...

oh ye ke..pandai lak dia tau ade duit dlm tu eh. mmg nasib baik diaorg tak rembat sume kn. itula, ni 1st time experienced ngan pos malaysia...geram sungguh. panik gak, sbb yela, org dh bayar kn, kita kena la bg betul2. skali jd mcm ni sedih plak :(

:) thanks izu...baik sgt la awak nih *hugs*

my.mastura said...

utk pengetahuan korg, pos malaysia nyer ervice utk courier mmg x elok..my bro-in-law ada experienced this...dia beli brg from this guy, about RM1000++ harganyer...the, bila brg x smp2, dia call pos malaysia..org sana kata, no such reg.no!!! mungkin diorg dh amik brg tu then bgtau je yg no such reg. no..jahat kan..? so, lenali, x yah la guna pos malaysia..better guna other courier services..a bit mahal la tp at least brg kita x hilang kan...

Nadine said...

oh ye ke...hmm, dh dgr mcm2 ni feels like considering courier instead. but 1st kena research dlu, customer pun xmo delivery charges mhl sgt kn.. anyway thanks sume :)