Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shop Till You Drop? Nahhhhh...

Last year, I had a very moderate Raya preparation. Although it was my first time celebrated it as a somebody's wife, I was not keen on shopping, at all. Reason being, I was at week 26th of pregnancy and my flat tummy was bloated like a super duper watermelon (hihi, thanks to the excessive waterbag fluid :P). I was not keen on new maternity wear either. What for? The next time I will be pregnant, all the current design will be out of date already..tul tak? However, I still wanted to wear a baju kurung on the 1st day of Syawal. Maternity dress was a no-no to me. It still fresh on my mind, the day that I had to "force" my tailor to make a bigger size baju kurung for me...hihi. She refused at first, saying it will be a waste since in few months to come, I will deliver the baby...plus she said she doesn't know how to do the maternity kain baju kurung :P Lucky my mom was there, gave a good suggestion. Baju Kurung Riau instead, so when I have delivered the baby, it can be easily altered to match my new figure. She even gave ideas on how to make the kain baju kurung. Brilliant, huh? :) So finally dapatlah I beraya dengan baju kurung on that day...ngeee

Faaz Naqi was approaching 7months inside Mommy's tummy :)

This year, it's different tho. I was looking forward for Raya shopping spree. Not for me, but for my two heroes, (especially for Faaz, since it will be his first Hari Raya with us! ). Due to the Influenza A H1N1 outbreak, I decided to go shopping without Faaz. My initial plan was to go for a shopping spree @ OU alone on last Monday (Nuzul Quran Holiday) as hubby will be working on that day. Mask pun sudah dibeli awal2 for protection (semangat nie :P). Unfortunately it was changed last minute as hubby's car was having problem and he need to use mine. No other choice, I had to follow him to work that day and shopped at Pavvy and KLCC instead since both were so near to his office (Pavilion tu depan ofis dia jer). Although the nice, cute baby apparels were sooo tempting, I managed to control the urged..yeke? hihi :P Not that I was being stingy, but Faaz grandparents have bought some for him earlier. Faaz on the other hand is growing rapidly...even size 9m-12m that he wears currently was just nice fitted. Rasa rugi pulak beli banyak-banyak, end up later he will wear it only once. So I bought some clothes for Faaz, and then some stuff for his Daddy. Mommy Faaz? Just a pair of skinny jeans. Heheh, I've been craving for it for quite sometime but at that time I was preggy. Not a chance at all to wear it. Now that I have back my original figure (ok...not really, I admit my bum was a bit bigger than before *sob* ) I am more confident to wear it ...and most importantly, I got the green light from Mr. Hubby ;)

I shall not reveal what's inside.
Nanti basilah baju raya kami..hihihi



Remember I did mentioned in my post before that I had to undergo a certification for my consultancy level? Alhamdulillah, I made it through. My line manager passed me this letter on the payday and I got a kiss on my cheek when I showed this to hubby ;)

Rezeki Faaz Naqi :)

At first, I was thinking to get the new Tribeca tote or crossbody to celebrate it..but then, thinking that I just bought a Damier this year plus a Satin Op Art as a gift from hubby for given birth to Faaz...cukup-cukuplah dulu kot. Strange huh? I guess its the holy Ramadhan miracle that helps me to control my shopaholic desire :) Means that, I am on track with my resolution to shop less and save more. Yay! saya suka! suami lagi la suka! hihihi.. I guess for now, the extra cash goes to our future house savings. Months to go...we'll see lah how I spend the money. Hik! :P


p/s: For my dearest siblings, don't worry, your along never forget both of you...extra duit raya this year ;)

14 comments:

dyana "his other half" said...

yeay...bestnya dapat shoppinggggg...hehe...

hmm, me too tak habis shopping lagi ni...ahahaha...

Nadine said...

hihi...ade masa lagi. shopping jgn tak shopping :D

Mimy Hamid said...

wah tahniah naik pangkat..rezeki baby faaz...pasni baby faaz bertambah la barangan nyaaa

Nadine said...

:) thanks mimy. bkn naik pangkat ape pun, naik level je. itula, alhamdulillah. hihi, nampaknya gitula. best jd baby nie. hihi...

:: NieSha :: said...

nadia...best kan shopping! hehe...
esok wani akan g shopping lagi..muahahaha...
'terpaksa' pegi shopping bab kata hubby..
nak ganti baju damia yg hilang..
harap2 wani pon bleh control my shopping desire mcm nadia..ngeeeeeeeeeeee ;P

Nadine said...

best! :D

wah...another trip. jaga beg elok2 tau. double check, jgn kalut2. heppi shopping!
hihihi, good luck dear! ;)

uja said...

congrats!so smart la mommy faaz! :D
psstt..raya mana tis year? ;p

Nadine said...

:) thanks uja..

hihi..uja? nadia mcm biasa...1st raya sini, 2nd day br balik johor :)

uja said...

hi nadia.i'm downstairs je ni hehe.my plan 1st raya balik melaka jap,petang balik rumah mama. mgkin tak balik johor.but guess what?ma kata tak kisah..it's up to us..

Nadine said...

hihi...ic. bestnya mama kata tak kisah. nadia, fadzil yg bgtau nak balik johor cam biasa. mama leh lak tnya, "kena balik johor jugak ke?" huwaaaa..rasa nk nangis dgr (dalam hatila). of course la kan nak balik...huhu.

HalfBlood Princess said...

Congratulations Nadia!!:) mmg rezeki Faaz...and u desrve it!

Amboi byk jg tu shopping..hehe bestnyer...takpela raya kn...;)

Nway, izu n isham nk jmpt nadia, fadzil n bby Faaz to our house-warming aka bday bash zahin aka open house tuu on sat, 26th Sept..klu bley dtg, nti izu sms add k!:)

Nadine said...

thanks so much izu! :)
gumbira tgk izu dh kembali ceria. that's the spirit! ;)

hihi..itulah dia. 1st time raya ber-3, teruja :)

wah!..thanks for inviting. nnti nadia sampaikan kat Fadzil, pastu nnti i get back to u k. best juga kalau boleh jumpa anak2 dara en. isham nie :)

HalfBlood Princess said...

Ok, i'll be waiting. hopefully good news ok!:)can't wait to c u all...;)

Nadine said...

InsyaAllah. Nadia pun harap dapat jumpa izu n family :)