Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Makeup Tips


If you know me really well, I am sure you'll be skeptical towards me once you read this post's title. If not, I bet u'll wonder am I capable to share makeup tips due to my limited knowledge in this department...isn't it? :P


Hihi, don't worry, I am not gonna give you lesson / tips on makeup but I will share with you some knowledge that I got from attending a makeup demo here. It does benefited me, a person who always failed to follow makeup instructions via reading or via looking at the photos so I hope it will benefited you as well :). To me, the up, close and personal makeup demo is the only way for me to learn the proper ways of makeup (especially eyes makeup) but I did not have the desire to enroll myself for a makeup/makeover workshop.



Why did I said that? Ain't cosmetics, makeup and ladies can't be separated? Owh, don't get me wrong, I DO love cosmetics and makeup :). In fact, I do wears makeup. It's just that I don't have high passion towards it. For me, makeup means applying foundation/compress powder, mascara and lipgloss/lipstick. That is sufficient enough for me. I only wear the full makeup when I have events to attend or during special occasion, of which I hired the pro's to give their magical touch. Yours truly? Failed ye..haha! In the same boat as me, hubby too prefers me with light makeup except for attending events...skali skala bawak 'trophy wife' out, of course la kena menyerlah sket kan..hihi.



These two photos were taken during the first two years of working (with Maxis). These were the first time I went to professional makeup artist for makeup. I requested for light, night makeup on the first photo and my MUA went for a Krisdayanti eyes effect makeup (that what she claimed :P) in the second photo. Apparently I'm suitable for that since I have big eyes :P

2006 - KL Convention Centre

2007- KL Convention Centre


When I entered the three zero phase recently, the interest to wear proper makeup (read: not heavy makeup) increases suddenly. And when I got the chance to see live demo from Victoria Jackson Cosmetics on proper ways to apply on makeup, I was thrilled..umpama pucuk dicita ulam mendatang, they said ;)


As I have shared in my previous post, this is the proper way of applying foundation.

They keyword:

Apply foundation from Top, Press and Pull down direction! ;)





As for the cheek, the technique of applying blusher depends on the shape of your face:






For Oval face:
Use your fingertips to locate the most prominent part of your cheekbone to apply blush and blend towards your temples to highlight your cheekbones.

For Oblong face:
Apply your blush from the apples of the cheeks and out towards your ears in a horizontal manner. This creates the illusion of a wider face.


For Round face:
Apply blush to the area above the apples of your cheeks and blend slightly forward to thin the round face. Avoid getting the blush too close to your nose; this highlights the roundness of your cheeks.


For Square face:
Beginning at the center of the eyes apply your blush on the cheekbones. Blend toward your temples and apply a dab to your forehead and chin to soften the square angle of the face.


source:


For better understanding, let us see the demo done by the VJ's makeup artist below...




How do you find it? It is a lot more easier to imagine via visualization rather than reading instructions isn't it? I have applied the techniques that I learnt from the VJ demos the day after and I find it not that hard actually. The only thing that I still failed of is applying eyes makeup. Been seeing few clips and seen live demo but somehow it didn't work well when I applied it myself *sigh*...I guess a lot of practice needed. Will try to find time someday, if not the VJ's "Exotic Eyes" palette that I got recently will be a waste!



And since we are talking about makeup and cosmetics ni, has anyone visited the Sephora store yet? Mesti best kan?! I've always wanted to visit them ever since they opened in April this year but haven't got the chance to do it till today :( I can imagine my eyes will be sparkling bing bing as I entered the store..hehehe, so much of daydreaming, Nadine! :))

12 comments:

Mimy Hamid said...

i masih remember gambar u dinner nad...heheh kat friendster lagi tau...suka la entry mekap mekap ni...i likeeeeeee....

mommyNadia said...

I shud "favourite" this entry.senang nk buat rujukan nanti.=)
Nad,kalau u rs u tk pandai make up,i lagilah jauh kebelakang.dah ler tak reti,tk pernah amik initiative to learn.thank u for this video.baru aritu nk mintak ngan u. ;)
Good job gal!!

dyana "his other half" said...

oh im one of your friend yg so not into makeup. huhu. memang betul2 tak reti. nak pakai foundation pun tatau. think of it, i never have a foundation pun. haha!

luckily fariq pun tak suka makeup2 ni. but i agree with u. for certain function kena la makeup juga kan. takkan nak pege dull je. hehe.

| SUE | said...

nadia, u tak make up pon totap comey.

owh sephora, better jangan pergi...or else u akan tergoda cam i...ekekeke! kalau i ngan opismate lunch kat klcc, sure kitorang drop by sephora. dari muka clear suci murni, bila keluar from sephora dah cam superstar..hahahaa...eh tapi bukan pakai free je taw, kitowang bli skali...tak tahhhhannnnnn!

airin diana said...

gud entry nad! i should start playing around with make up nowadays..lately a few of my frens already seriously involve in this makeup world. shud join them la..

ishamizu said...

Me 2,3,4..serius tak reti make up! Tp nk make up! Hihi tp skrg tak smpt la dear..kulit muka pon hmmm sedih. Skrg dh msk Autumn, makin sejuk kulit cpt kering mengelupas..klu pndi makeup cover esp frackles n blackspot ku ini algkah bgs nya hee nway, tq for sharing dear!:)

Nadine said...

Mimy,

Awwwwh, you ni buat i terharu tau! ingat lg u eh :)

You ni gifted tau, pandai makeup. suka sgt baca entries u pasal makeup2 ni, cuma tu la, bab tutorial tu i try tp mesti failed (bab makeup mata). haihs!

Nadine said...

Nad,

Sama la kita. You takpe kot, takyah makeup pun kulit dah cantik. i plg tidak mesti ada sket cause my skin is not flawless..huhu :(

tula, i asik terpk cemana nak kongsi d videos with u sbb kalau mail tak sure lepas/tak since d size are quite big. now that I've uploaded it in youtube, u are free to copy from there. u nak guna for ur blog pun i don't mind. feel free ok! ;)

Nadine said...

Cee D,

Oh cee d pakai ke tak pakai foundation sama je tau. kulit cee d cantik kot. Nadia pakai clinique pun x secantik kulit cee d. jeles ok! sbb tu la fariq pun x kisah. dah semulajadi cantik :)

yep, skali skala pegi function, do makeover...it's something fun. Nak2 bila tgk ur face magically transformed by the pros. excited! :)

Nadine said...

Sue,

Huwaaaaaa! rasa nak nangis baca. sweeet sgtlah mama Alany ni :) I tak makeup comot sue, bkn comey. hahaha...tp kalau u rasa kecomotan i tu comey, TQ! :)

Haaaa, finally someone ada info pasal sephora. hoyeh! Waaa, ye ke Sue, BESTNYA! ni yg lagi terasa nak pegi ni. they said not only makeup, they also sell perfumes kan, including brands yg jarang nak dpt kat M'sia ni?...terujanya. haruuuuus pegi ni! ;)

Nadine said...

Airin,

Tq dear :) Kan?! me too! tu yg nak start with applying basic makeup with the right technique. pasni leh la blajar yg susah2 bits by bits. i ni pun sejak dah masuk 3 series tu tetiba minat up sket. u know, i baru pandai pakai eyeliner this year tau. muahaha! lambat betul :P

Nadine said...

Izu,

Sama la kita. Mari kita blajar sama2 k. Owh ic..ye la, autumn nng mcm tu kan. I remembered ada once Fadzil pegi Oslo he had the same problem. Nasib I dh bekalkan dia dgn some mosturizers n Nivea lipbalm. Mula2 dia takmo pakai tau sbb dia kata dia bkn metrosexual man, last2 akur jugak sbb tak tahan cause its too dry. ehehe..