Thursday, November 24, 2011

Jigsaw Puzzles For Kids


I am a big fan of Jigsaw Puzzles since I was a little girl, thanks to my mom for introducing it to me. During my childhood, I own quite a number of puzzles but my all time favourite will be my first Puzzle, the Bambi Puzzles. Google the Bambi just now and I got all excited when I found this picture...

this is the exact picture of my Bambi Puzzle! ;)

As I grew up, the interest keep on going but with an exception...I don't fancy jigsaw puzzle in landscape, panoramic view or anything related. My interest is only for cartoons and cute photos. Senang cerita, I love kids jigsaw puzzle better....hehehe. Don't get me wrong, not that I don't love the challenge of putting up a 1000pcs of a monumen puzzles, it's just that I get easily bored. But with kids jigsaw puzzle, it gives me energy, it get me excited and happy..I guess it's part of the inner child in me :P



Mommies, you know that Jigsaw Puzzles are good for brain development especially for kids?

-Jigsaw Puzzles encourages logical thinking because it includes putting the related pieces together to form a complete picture

-Puzzles make us alert, increases concentration, expand the creativity

-Looking on the image constantly help to practise visualisation which is good for mental activity

-Brain produces a chemical known as dopamine which is crucial for learning and memory. The production of this chemical increases in the brain at the time when it is engaged in solving the jigsaw puzzle

-Study shown that playing jigsaw puzzle can lower heart rate, breath rate, and blood pressure



Now that I have children, I am more than happy to share the excitement, the happiness and the fun of playing the jigsaw puzzle (obviously with Faaz la kan since twinnies is sooooooo small!). I started off him with a simple jigsaw puzzle when he was 1 and half year old, I think it only consist of 9pcs of puzzles but too bad, he wasn't ready and did not show any interest at all. So I waited, and waited till the right time comes...


Finally now, at the age of 2 years old he showed the interest in it. Particularly on the Angry Birds Puzzles. So far there are 3 in his collections and he loves to switch playing with those puzzles. We taught him and guide him to play the puzzle only twice for each photo and walla, Faaz managed to play with it alone the 3rd time. It was amazing and I was so proud of him! ;)


Been wanting to capture him playing with the puzzles but it's always either the camera was upstairs in the room or I was busy with the twins to record it. Finally, last Friday I managed to capture him playing with one of his jigsaw puzzle...but it was not the best time. Faaz was sleepy so by the end of solving the puzzle he got fed up and cranky..hehe.


Anyway, here's the living proof of my Faaz solving a jigsaw puzzle...enjoy! ;)



19 comments:

dyana "his other half" said...

cd pun ada puzzle bambi tu la. hehe. but im not a fan of jigsaw puzzle. memang tak minat langsung dari dulu sampai la sekarang. huhu.

and hadif pun ada puzzle angry bird cam faaz! tp cd tinggalkan kat penang. dia tak minat sangat nak susun, tp sepahkan minat la. hehe. hadif lagi suka main puzzle in my iphone rather than the real one. before tido mesti nak main dulu. pelik kan? patut kalau virtual suka, real one pun suka la. huhu.

mommyNadia said...

Good job Faaz!!
Adam pun sometimes play with jigsaw puzzles,only thing he played at alam maya.hehehe
dah lama plan for real one,shud grab 1 for him.angry bird pun ok.adam minat jgak,selalu main game angry bird u!!

mommaholicSURI said...

Kalau Oman, dia betul ke dia tak betul ke.. dia jugakla yang betul. Pastu tak dapat buat, nangis. hihihihi. At least Faaz dah towards the end. Good Job faaz!!!! :)

ishamizu said...

Hehe sabar jgk Faaz completekan puzzle tu dlm sleepy2 da tuu hihi nway good job dear! Aunty suka la angry bird puzzle faaz tu nti nk cr kt sinilah utk iris. ;)

Puzzles mmg byk benefit kan..;) Izu pon suka puzzles, n suka mbeli utk bdk2 ni..klu goodmood mmg tak henti2 derg main, leka in away bgs jgk tadela clingy je kt umi n babah..hihi..tp bila dh bosan dgn yg ada tu main online puzzle la plak, twillight saga punyr puzzle lak tuu hihi mmg bella n edward league mcm ummi dia jgk la !hahaha ;P

Thara said...

way to go faaz! aydein pon suka solve puzzle, tapi aydein gadget-geek sket, dia solve puzzles dlm iPad! hehehe. keep up the good work smart boy! auntie thara is so proud of you! <3

Lin said...

My daughter just luvs to solve princess puzzles

neena_kechik said...

Hi Kak Nadia,

Faaz so clever.comel bila die sebut i do it :) hehehe wah!!! the twin dah besar lah!!! tembam jer :)kak nadia, share tips mcm mane kak nadia communicate dgn anak2 guna english language? Even Faiqa pun dah boleh respon.Neena try speaking kat baby cousin neena, die xder reaksi pun!! nangis adalah.hahahaha :)
Thanks for sharing :)

محمد رازيق said...

waahh.. hehe... teringat kenangan main puzzle ni dulu :)

faisyura said...

bravo faaz!!! ;) cute la puzzle faaz... comel je...

zaim memang suke buat puzzle since he was 2... tapi kalau hilang 1 piece, memang nangis mommy nak carik... selagi tak jumpe, bad mood le dia..

tapi aariz blom buleh buat lagi.. yg simple2 dh boleh tapi tak berapa nak sabar sgt.. sekali 2 try tak masuk, terus nangis.. hahaah...

Nadine said...

Cee D,

Ye ke?! Mmg Bambi tengah fofular when we were growing up kot eh? Mcm Faaz n Hadif with Angry Birds..hihi :) Oh ic, Hadif minat gadget lebih lagi eh? Cool! Faaz, when it comes to puzzle dia masih lagi suka traditional ones. Hihi :)

Nadine said...

Nadia,

Awwwwh, Adam pun suka main virtual jigsaw eh? OK gak tu, the mind works the same. Good exercise. Tak yah sesusah mommy nak tolong kemas kan? One good thing about Faaz, dia minat puzzles ni, dia sayang n appreciate every single pieces. So, lepas main dia akan kemas sendiri sbb takut any pieces missing. Lucky I dont have to clean the mess..hihi :D

Angry birds mmg pujaan kids nowdays kan. Faaz pun sama you, sampai we install for PC punye..hihi

Nadine said...

Mea,

Hihihi, I boleh bayangkan. Sbb Faaz masa memula mcm tu jugak you. Bila dah pro ni barula ok. Tak kisahla kan Oman, yg penting dapat main puzzle..best! :)

Nadine said...

Izu,

Twilight j.puzzles??! SAH! your gugurls menurun dari you tu! Hihi.
pssst, diaorg team Edward ke team Jacob Izu? Heeeee :D

Nadine said...

Thara,

Wah, masuk Aydein ni ramai betul gadget boys ni. Advance kan budak2 skang. Good, good! Like I said in above comments, main tru virtual pun requires the brain to exercise as well, so the benefit still sama, although the experience is not the same ;)

Nadine said...

Lin,

Awwwwwh, ni yg buat I tak sabar nak introduce princess puzzles to my girls! :)

Nadine said...

Hi Neena,

Long time no see! :) Awwwh, alhamdulillah. Masinlah Mulut Neena :) Yes dear, twinnies dah besar! weee!

Share tips? Hmm, sbnarnya kan Neena, all my children dari day 1 kitaorg dah ckp English, campur sket2 Malay (akak ler tuh :P). Sbbnya kat rumah mertua akak, English is the main language. Hahaha, kelakar la Neena. Dia tak biasa kot, takpe. Neena try je ckp slalu dgn dia, lama2 dia ok rasanya. First time tu so dia nangis sbb x paham agaknya. Besides talking, Neena bagi la dia dgr lagu2 kanak2 dlm english mcm twinkle2 little star ke...it helps too! :)

Nadine said...

Hi Raziq,

Welcome to bits and pieces of me! :) Kan? I pun sama, everytime layan anak main puzzle ni teringat time kecik2 dulu. Excited! Hihi..

Nadine said...

Zura,

I think Zaim n Faaz mmg ade similarities. Faaz pun you, sgt precious dia punye puzzle sampai simpan pun cermat je. Takut sgt kalau terhilang 1 piece...

Hehehe, maybe its not the time yet for Aariz to explore this. Cam Faaz masa mula2 Nadia introduce puzzle ni la. Dia x minat pun Zura. Wat derk je, Nadia yg lebey :P

webdesign india said...

Nice post dear....it really loving puzzle.
educational apps for kids