Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oreo (100th Birthday) Hot Air Balloon

I was on the bus, getting down from Awana Genting Highland when I logged into my twitter account. While I was reading my timeline after posting a tweet, I saw few bloggers tweeting about Oreo hot air balloon ride and retweet (RT) contest. That includes ceeramoon and thepinkstilettos...


Since it says that the 10th person to RT the tweet, I told myself why not I just re-tweet it to help others to achieve the 10th person quicker? So I did it, without any expectation. Few minutes later, my phone made a sound and when I checked, there was a tweet for me. To my surprised.....


Huh?? Me?? Wow...!! Nak tergelak pun ada cause I really didn't expect to win myself. Rezeki they said :) So thanks to Iza, I won myself 5 tickets (2 adults and 3 children) to Oreo 100th Birthday hot air balloon ride! Weeeee!


Because of this, I finally visit Nuffnang office for the first time last Friday when I came to collect the tickets. Hihi..


The event was held last Sunday at Padang Astaka PJ, which is quite near to Subang Jaya, about 15 minutes drive through Federal Highway. Actually, there were 2 sessions of the hot air balloon ride; morning (starting from 8.30am) and night (starting from 9.30pm). We went for the night ride. As it was stated at the back of the ticket that the minimum height for the hot air balloon was above 3ft, we decided to leave the twins with the grandparents. Nanti dah besar macam Abang leh ikut ye adiks :)


We arrived at 9pm, it was raining that evening so the field was quite muddy. Nevertheless, it did not stopped us to proceed. Excited kot, first time to ride on a hot air balloon..hihi :)

We were greeted by Oreo staff with of course a jar of oreo cookies...nyum! We then headed straight to the registration counter where we have to fill in our particulars and signed in the individual consent form. We then proceed to the balloon ride entrance and queued..

Oreo cookies were everywhere and ready to be grabbed...all for FREE :)


Me and Faaz waiting for our turn...

As the queue moved further and we have a closer glimpsed of the hot air balloon, Faaz became worried. I asked him why, and at first he answered,

"Mommy, balloon can go up only....how we want to go down?"

:)

I explained to him about the function of the hot air, and still he looked worried. I asked him again,

"Are you afraid, Faaz?"

Nodded, he said,

"I'm scared of the fire. Later if Faaz go inside the balloon the fire will burn my head.."

Hehehe...

Again, I had to explain the function of the "fire" that produce hot air for the balloon to move. To convince him further, I asked him to see how a child in front of us had his hot air balloon ride and came back to ground safely...

"See Faaz, did the boy burn his head? No, right? He looked happy! You should too!. Don't worry, mommy and daddy are here with you" :)

He nodded, but still frowning. I just prayed that he will not make any scene when our turn came...which was coming really soon!

Our turn...jeng jeng jeng...

Alhamdulillah, Faaz did not make any scene...BUT, he was really scared of the flame from the hot air. Pity him. He would closed his eyes whenever he heard the sound of the flame (busting?)...

Us, at 45 meters above ground. It was quite hot up there..huhu.

Although the balloon did not went up higher as we were hoping for, it was indeed a new experience for us three, thank you so much to Oreo :)

After the 15mins ride, we have some refreshments before heading to the other section, the games section. Here, parents and children get to play some games, whoever wins will get packs of Oreo cookies.


Hubby showing off his shooting skills. I knew he would nailed it, he got enough exercises from all those console game, esp. Grand Theft Auto :P

As expected...tadaaaa!
Pheeeewit! ;)


Faaz also took part in this activity.
Serious giler..concentrate habis! :P

Happy 100th Birthday to Oreo! We wished you many many more successful years ahead :) Thank you for organizing a celebration of togetherness. We really had fun, especially our Oreo cookies lover son, Faaz Naqi :)


That night, we spent the rest of our Sunday night watching our favourite series - The Big Bang Theory while munching packets of this...

Hihi..nyum!
:)


15 comments:

mommyNadia said...

Wow bestnye!!
I plan to msg u, nk tny tempat kat mane.Saje nk bawak Adam tgk balloon tu.Tak jadi sb pergi jumpa my fren..

I asked my hubby, if let say I dpt tix u nak naik tak, dia tak nak..Harith gayat, takkan dia naik..I tau ;)

Faaz happy tak lepas dia naik tu??Or he still afraid jugak?

Nadine said...

Mmg best! something new for us :)

hahaha, la ye ke babe. I didn't know that. tapi tak tinggi sgt pun you. about 45m je rasanya. hihi :)

happy! gamba senyum kat bottom of this entry tu lepas naik balloon tu la. dia seriau dgn hot flame tu je. pastu dah ok balik ;)

dyana "his other half" said...

bestnyaaaaa. untung la u all dapat naik. bukan senang nak dapat kan.

Baby Balloons said...

The more kids will be sent into the balloon flight, and the more tubes will use to achieve that, the more points will receive. Be careful, as the time is limited and i have to hurry. Each level will be more and more difficult, and there will be more and more kids who want to take balloon flight, so do your best!Balloon SuppliersThank you.Printed Balloons

Diyana Didie said...

wahhh bestnya! abg faaz takut api ye...hehehe gayat tak kak? adakah bergoyang goyang di atas tu? berapa ramai boleh naik satu hot ballon? me soooooo teringin nak naik! huhuhu

ummi_ziz said...

Wee bestnya! Btuah btollah mommy Faaz ni..hehe rezeki Faaz! :)

Kella said...

wow... best tu nad! pengalaman naik ballon.. sangat excited kan.. tapi tengok muka faaz last tu dah macam ok.. ok tak dia masa naik?
memang murah rezeki nad.. =)

Nadine said...

Cee D,

Itulah, rezeki plak kali ni nak dpt naik hot air balloon. And nasib baikla we all jenis tak gayat kan. Kalau tak sayang je menang tix :)

Nadine said...

Didie,

Haha yes, dia mmg takut dgn flame :) Tak gayat dik. Balloon naik slow je kan. Kalau roller coaster tu yer akak gayat sbb laju jer..hihi. Tak goyang, agak stable, tu sbb akak leh dukung Faaz and tak perlu pegang mana2. cuma masa nak naik tu dia agak bergoyang2 sket :)

brape ramai akak tak sure plak tapi yg akak tau dia ade max weight. mcm kitaorg mmg orang oreo tu bagi naik ber3 je, kasi one family :) lepas kitaorg ade dua couples, diaorg kongsi naik skali berempat.

Ye ke didie? tak lama lagi ade hot air balloon festival kat Putrajaya kan? Yg tu public leh naik tak? kalau leh naik lehla Didie try ;)

Nadine said...

Izu,

Alhamdulillah, rezeki faaz la i guess. mmg sepanjang mlm dia pulun oreo je. dinner pun skip! :P

Anonymous said...

Wow! At last I got a blog from where I know how
to in fact obtain useful information regarding my study and knowledge.


Look at my homepage :: communications and public relations

Anonymous said...

Superb, what a webpage it is! This blog presents valuable facts to us, keep it up.


Also visit my web page; April English

Anonymous said...

This design is incredible! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really enjoyed what you had to
say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Take a look at my website :: Interior Designers Vancouver ()

Anonymous said...

My wife and i absolutely love your site and discover the majority of your post’s to be what precisely I’m searching for.
are you able to offer guest writers to write content in your case?
I wouldn’t mind making a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write with regards to
here. Again, awesome web log!

Here is my weblog; public relations courses

Anonymous said...

I am in fact happy to read this weblog posts which contains
lots of useful information, thanks for providing these information.



Look into my page :: Stock Photography