Thursday, November 1, 2012

Eid Al-Adha 1433

We celebrated Eid Al-Adha at my parent's place in Gombak, Selangor. Yeah, my hometown is only 45 minutes away from the place we stay..cool tak? :P 


But we ain't that lucky this year though, we were trapped in the midnight traffic jam on Wednesday as soon as we entered Gombak, particularly after exit Duke Highway, all the way to Tol Karak (Sri Gombak is in between the route). 


Tetiba joined plak crowd yang balik ke Pantai Timur :P


We did nothing much for the preparation, since we decided to cook simple meal (mak made Nasi Tomato). As for me, I baked a simple Batik Cake since I've been craving for it (noooo, I am not pregnant :P).


Faaz and Faiqa spent the eve of Eid Al-Adha watching cartoons (Rio & Madagascar 3) 


While mommy busy  with this in the kitchen :)


As usual, Faiqa was the first to get ready that very morning. Unlike Falisya who was a bit moody that morning, Faiqa was cheerful, parading her Baju Kurung in front of us...so cute! :)


Apple green cotton kurung for Faiqa and Light yellow cotton kurung for Falisya. Both I bought on last fasting month from a mall in Shah Alam for RM15 each! I simply keep it for Eid Al-Adha since the colors did not match our Eid theme. Lucky it still fit them well.. :)


Faaz wore again his baju melayu from last Eid, and I paired it up with last year's black samping to match us. Me and Fadzil both wore black that day, all because of me :P. Few days before Eid, I went to Cotton On and bought a satin peplum top for RM30! (that's why I love Cotton On so much! :). Since peplum is so "IN" these days, I decided to pair it up with an existing batik sarung and a matching batik scarf from an old kebaya. Walla, that was my raya outfit. 


Great bargain!


Pardon me for the over-posing  ^_^
 Fadzil asked me to pose ala Saloma, but I was too shy to put up the other hand :P


And what I love most about mix-and-match this peplum top, later that evening when hubby asked me out for a date, I just switched my sarong with a skinny cotton pants and walla! I was ready in 15 minutes time. Suka en. suami tak perlu tunggu lama..haha!


We did not have a proper photo session with the family, but we did snap the photos here and there, while chilling and enjoyed our Eid holiday, particularly lazy-ing and indulging on scrumptious meal...



Speaking of meal, alhamdulillah my kek batik turned out well. Hubby and the kids especially love it. I even had my first order the following day, from my ex-primary schoolmate. If you read this, thanks for the order Raha! Glad you like it. :)


With this, I am confident to open orders to public. So to those who interested to order (preferably those who stayed within Subang Jaya & Shah Alam) can email me at: nfn4181@gmail.com. Thanks! :)


Oh, before I end this post, let me share with you cute poses from my little twinnies, my little fashionistas & my baby dolls during Eid Al-Adha. Enjoy! :)







 Love,
 


3 comments:

ishamizu said...

Eei so pretty la the twinnies tuu..geram ok..:) Fazz pon hensem sgt! Hehe..

Your kek batik nmpk tempting sgt, tentu sedap..mmg boleh buat side income ni..:)

Btw, izu tatau pon peplum shirt tu yg mana satu until my sil gave me..rupanya top yg izu pki kt lavender farm aritu peplum rupanya..hehehe..buta fesyen mcm ni la..tp suka berfesyen. :P nti nk try pki dgn sarung jgk la..thanks for the idea, dear..tp tatau la bila nk try tu.:)

Anonymous said...

Hi...sy dan suami peminat kek batik....cantik sgt kek batik u tue..kalau nk belajar buat boleh?? i slalu buat tapi rupa tak cantik sbb sy slalu patah2 kan biskut marie tue...tp sy tgk awk susun cantik.....
sudi kiranya sharekan sedikit ilmu...hehehe....jgn risau sy bukan nk potong line meniaga...heheheheh..nk buat unt mkn sndr

---wana---

Anonymous said...

Nadine...boleh tak kalau i nk order???hari jumaat nie kalau u can make it??hr jumaat nie ade buat makan2 kat office...kalau okay u roger i yer...i dh email u.

check it out.

~wana~