Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Kenwood Multi Snacker

Since I came to know about a waffle maker cum sandwich toaster and griller  from my dear Nuurill on her blogpost here, I've been searching for it, high and low especially when I went to the electrical item section at the malls or simply when we went to electrical shops. So far, luck has not been with me cause it's either out of stock, or they only left with the display set  :(


Until few weeks ago (last December) when we went to Onking Electrical Shop in Putra Heights to buy water heater for our Putra Heights's house, I stumbled upon the multi snacker. It's not Philips as Nuurill's but Kenwood (honestly I don't mind the brand, as long as it is well known for its' reputation and have similar function).My heart jumped with excitement when the sales person told me that they have it in stock! and they are having a sale! double YAY! :))





This is basically how it looks like :)

*image courtesy of google*

It is called the Kenwood Multisnacker (sorry I forgot the model). It has 3 functions all together; as a sandwich maker, waffle maker, a griller/griddle as it comes with 3 sets of interchangable plates that are easy to assemble and to clean.


At first, I though I was the only one who was excited. Turned out hubby too, was excited, not to make the waffles obviously :P but to taste my very first homemade waffles. Hihi. Oh ya, we both CRAZY about waffles! ;) After finished working on our Putra Heights' house, we made a short pit stop at nearby Giant to buy fresh milk, maple syrup and small butters (the ones they usually served in hotel). Totally forgot to buy fruits or ice-cream tho...


As soon as we arrived at USJ home, I washed the plates, rinse it off and started to prepare my batter for the waffles. I googled from the net and found a simple recipe, from Allrecipe if I'm not mistaken. Tried it on and it turned out  as what I expected; crunchy on the outside and soft inside ;) 



Let me share with you this easy peasy recipe:


Waffle Batter

Ingredients:

2 eggs
2 cups of all rising flour
1 3/4 cups of fresh milk
1/2 cup of canola oil/vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of sugar
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
butter to grease the snacker plate

Method:

Preheat the waffle maker.

In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla essence and salt. Stir. Pour in the milk and oil, followed by the flour bit by bit and stir until the batter become smooth.

If you have the non-stick cooking spray, spray the waffle plates before you pour in the batter. If you don't have it, brushing some butter on the plates will do.

Note:
The batter can be kept in the refrigerator for 1 week duration but do remember to whisk the batter first before making the waffles.





my 1st homemade waffles
 served the way my hubby likes it; with butter and maple syrup
(choc chip tu saja mengada nak letak :P)


and this is how we both like it..with ice-cream, choc sauce and nuts! :)

Glad that I finally had it, the twins especially love waffles very much that sometimes I just added honey in the waffle batter (instead of sugar) or added some cocoa powder to make chocolate waffles. Easy for them to hold and enjoy it instead of having to pour the syrups/ spread the jam on top.


To continue my excitement, I tried the griller function too the same week itself. Made grilled cajun chicken for dinner and it's soo easy peasy compared to using the microwave or the oven. 



grilled cajun chicken in the making..


Next, I wanna try out the sandwich maker. Oh I totally in love this item! :) Will definitely bring it along for my future vacations as it is compact and not that heavy. Hubby too, plan to bring it for his business trip, which is coming soon. *tsk!


 Love,
 







6 comments:

ishamizu said...

Wah terliur tgk your ice cream waffles tue! Hehe. Anyway Kenwood and Phillips mmg bagus..klu sales mmg bbaloi beli, kan. :)

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Nadine, this is a very good model...can practically do anything with it.
Have fun trying out all the waffles, whatever.
You have a nice day and keep a song in your heart.
Lee.

mommyNadia said...

Omg, ur waffles sgt yummilicious!
To be truth, after Nuuril promoted his waffle maker, I pun pergi survey. Excited mase tu nak buat waffle utk Adam. I jumpe jugak dekat Harvey Norman, tapi brand apa that day. I dont know reason I tak beli that day. Ever since that, I selalu berangan nak pergi carik lagik.
Tgk ur waffle yg lazat tu, rs mcm nak pergi beli lah satu..kat OK, PH ek,nearby to my sis's house..How much Nad??

Nadine said...

Izu,

Hehehe,thanks! :)Yup, those are among the trusted brands ;) Kalau brand yg tak pernah nak dgr ni takut sket nak beli, concern on the reliability and of course the safety aspect of it :)

Nadine said...

Uncle Lee,

Yes, it is definitely a good and useful model :)

Nadine said...

Nadia,

Ic, samalah kita. Another reason I always wanted a waffle maker myself sbb me and Fadzil loves waffle, and kalau teringin we always go to Waffles World. So far kat OU je ada. Mcm jauh. I geram dgn A&W kat Subang ni, asal pegi nak makan waffles je waffle maker dia rosak :P Tu yg lagi berkobar2 nak beli.

Oh it's cheap dear, RM139 je :)