Monday, March 18, 2013

Method Gel Hand Wash: My New Obsession!

If you are ardent reader of this blog, you knew how particular I am about things. You can see it from the way I presented my homemade meals, the way I dressed up my kids for outings and events, even from the products I choose for myself and my family.  


Now that I am married with a man who is also 'semi-perfectionist' as I do, we are quite particular in most aspects of our family life, especially in raising our beloved children.


Recently, I read an article about clean, green home and  while reading, these words hit me...

"Why eat organic, but clean with pesticides?"


It's true! and I realized that some of the cleaning products that I have contains a lot of chemicals. You knew it not only from reading the active ingredients of it, but also from the strong smell it has or the dryness you feel on your bare skin each time you washed after touching it.


So when I was given a box of Method Gel Hand Wash to review, I am ecstatic! :) This is because I knew Method is a household supplies that is well known for its non-toxic and eco-friendly products in United States (and famous among big Hollywood stars such as  Gwyneth Paltrow, Brad Pitt, & Leonardo DiCaprio!). Just nice :)


For those who didn't know, Method gel hand was is:

> naturally derived + non toxic + biodegradeble + never tested on animals
> contains premium, specialty-inspired fragrances
>decor inspired by tear drop bottle (designed by Karim Rashid, no less!)
>use recyclable bottles, made with 100% recycled plastic (PCR)



My surprised parcel! :)
First thing that caught my eyes upon opening the box was the design. Sleek, modern and cute. Very fashionable compared to the hand washes that I have so far! Hihi :)


The first gel hand wash that I tested was - Waterfall .The smell of cascading waterlily plus the sandalwood made it so refreshing and cooling; the waterfall name suited it best!  Oh, it has a bit of manly scents, must be the sandalwood. No wonder it won my husband's heart the most :)




Next, it was the Sweet Water™'s turn. Sweet water is like a cool splash of grapefruit + lemon leaves wrapped in watery petals of star jasmine + lily of the valley. It’s rumored that water from the fountain of youth smells similarly. The combination of star jasmine and lily of the valley made the scents sweet, but at the same time refreshing. Erm...how can I say it ya, it's like grace meet active kind of personality. Get it? Yes? No?



The last Method's gel hand wash that I tested is called French LavenderThe lavender scents, with a mixture of bergamot, purple sage + chamomile smells so nice, made me thinking of French countryside with a garden full of sweet lavender...calming, nice and elegant. Among all 3 scents given to me, this is my personal favourite :)



For Malaysia market, Method Gel Hand Wash comes in 8 gorgeous scents and colors to choose from:

waterfall · pink grapefruit · french lavender · sweet water · green tea & aloe · hibiscus flower · botanical garden (designed for good) · mimosa sun (designed for good)

For more info, visit:
http://methodhome.com/




Aren't they the cute and stylo? ;)


I've been using hand washes everyday since I was a teen and I noticed that   most of the brand that I used will tend to make my hand dry and kind of rought once I dried my hand. But Method is different! I've been trying this product 3 days prior to writing this post and I noticed that the gel hand wash feels gentle on my hands and it moisture the skin even after my hands have been properly dried. This is because it contains naturally derived, biodegradable ingredients and contains Vitamin E and aloe. Aside to this, the scents stays! It's like you're wearing a hand lotion after washing your hand (you get the moisture and the nice smell) but you didn't. How cool is that?! 



For those who wants a better way to clean, a product that is safe and close to nature (and not to forget stylish too! :D), then Method is the answer. Method gel handwash is selling at RM13.80 per 354ml. I'm planning to get the gel hand wash for my family too. The French Lavender scent is so good that I keep wanting to wash my hands and sniff it afterwards. I am addicted! Haha :))

And where shall you get it?

Method's product is available at all leading hypermarket such as Cold Storage, B.I.G supermarket, Village Grocer, Jaya Grocer,Carrefour (Mid Valley),Isetan (KLCC) and selected Tesco outlets. 

Oh, one more thing to share; the best thing about this stylish, recyclable bottle is that you can transform it into stylish vase like this:


Inspired from Heather Jenning's blog. Best kan? Save the environment too since you recycle the bottles!


***************


Good news for my dear readers!! You can get Method's product for free as well! Not only you actually, you can get it for yourselves and your friends/family!! Isn't it cool?


All you have to do is join my contest - Method to the rescue! by 3 simple steps:


1) Write short story on someone you think deserves a Method product sent to them as a surprise gift. Tell me why your friend/family member need to be "rescued" - does she have piles of extremely dirty laundry? does she have children with sensitive skins? Is he sick of his house smelling like the hospital cleaner? Tell me!! :)

2) Submit your entry by commenting on this blogpost. You can submit as many comment as you like about different friends! 

3) Don't forget to leave your email address together with this entry!

Easy peasy, right?! 

5 Winning short stories get method goodies over RM50 each AND the friend in the short story gets the full-sized method product as describe in the short story. In addition, Method will add your name and my blog to the friend in the short story's parcel so that he/she will know who send out this lovely surprise to them! Double coolness aite?  Join tau, jangan tak join! :)

P.s: DEADLINE is by 31st March 2013, so hope to hear from you soon! :)

Love,


8 comments:

aibeast said...

well i think i want to 'rescue' my little brother who's still a toddler and i fear that since we only have typical soaps near our kitchen's sink somehow it will affect my baby brother's hands and make them feel rough.So i guess giving this product to my mother, i am pretty convinced that it will be used for my brother.
se7en_eleven95@yahoo.com

Syazwanny Othman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Syazwanny Othman said...

Wow, this one is interesting since I have a friend who is so conscious about hygiene especially handwashing,, So yayyyy!
My best buddy, Cik Teen whom I would tell is such a health freak (I still love her btw),, She will always have her own hand wash eventhough when we travel somewhere,
she will spare one in her handbag in case we couldn't find the one provided at the sink..
I will never have to worry because I can depend on her,, See, her obsession towards hand wash is such a bonus to me,,hehe,,
She will take a very long time to finish with handwashing that somehow I'm worried it will make her hand end up feeling rough,, It did feels rough when I touch hers,, So not good right,,
Therefore, I will be so glad to surprise her with Method's product,, The bottle is so cute, I am sure she will scream at the top of her lungs,, haha,,
pinky_wanny@yahoo.com

Nadine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NiNi said...

I think the person who need to be rescued the most is my mum! She is one cleaning freak. Everything must be squeaky clean. But she keeps complaining how the cleaning products are so harsh on her skin and making her skin rough. I would love to surprise her with method products because of the fact that its non toxic and eco-friendly. How awesome is that you use something that cleans effectively and in the same time does not ruin your skin and environment friendly =)

shalydia@gmail.com

NiNi said...

I think the person who need to be rescued the most is my mum! She is one cleaning freak. Everything must be squeaky clean. But she keeps complaining how the cleaning products are so harsh on her skin and making her skin rough. I would love to surprise her with method products because of the fact that its non toxic and eco-friendly. How awesome is that you use something that cleans effectively and in the same time does not ruin your skin and environment friendly =)

shalydia@gmail.com

taufik maria said...

hai, sy nak join juge.. Saya nak berikan 'method squirt & mop' kepada mak mertua saya. Beliau telah renovate rumah pada 2 bulan lepas. Besarkan ruang tamu, dapur dan pasang mozek (mar-mar) di seluruh rumah. Mak mertua saya mop lantai menggunakan sabuh basuh kain. Amat tidak sesuai dan boleh memudarkan mozek dalam jangka masa panjang. Tambahan pula, rumah mak mertua dikelilingi kebun kelapa sawit, memang banyak debu. Semoga Method Product dapat membantu.

ataufik84@gmail.com

taufik maria said...

Saya nak berikan 'method squirt & mop' kepada ayah saya. Beliau membuka kedai runcit jam 9 pagi selepas pulang dari pasar borong. ketika itu sudah ramai pelanggan yang menunggu di hadapan kedai menanti kedatangan sayur dan ikan yang segar bugar. Tutup kedai jam 7 mlm, terus bergegas pulang ke rumah untuk solat magrib. Mop lantai sebulan 2x atau sebulan sekali mengikut kelapangan dan kerajinan.. bayangkan betapa hitam dan kotornya? Moga dengan 'method squirt & mop' memudahkan dan merajinkan ayah untuk mop lantai kedai hihihi

ataufik84@gmail.com