Friday, June 14, 2013

Jonker Walk & Hard Rock Cafe, Malacca


As we approached the Johor-Malacca border, my husband asked me if I interested to have a pit stop at Malacca, and if I have a particular place to visit...


"Ermm, HRC? I wanna get the fridge magnet" I said.


"Sounds, good. Let's have dinner there" he suggested and off we went to Air Keroh exit.



Since it was still early, we planned to bring Faaz to the Crocodile Farm (Taman Buaya). However, we missed the place that we have to u-turn twice and ended up at the place at 6pm which was the closing time. Huhu, sorry Faaz! :( Puas jugakla pujuk little hero tu, pity that he was looking forward for it :( Next time ok..


After Maghrib, we went to Malacca town, Lorong Hang Jebat in particular. By using the GPS route, we finally reached near the destination (we missed the one-way turn and ended up at the road next to Lorong Hang Jebat :P). As we parked our car, we saw the Malacca river cruise boat passed by. Faaz and his siblings were pretty excited! Ok, noted! this too will be on our list for next visit to Malacca :)



As we walked along the street towards Malacca's Hard Rock Cafe (HRC), we finally reached the intersection between Jonker Walk, and the HRC. There's a huge ship statue in the middle. Apparently the replica was built in conjunction with the 608th Anniversary Cruise Admiral Cheng Ho (who was a legendary Muslim sailors in the 15th century) in which his name etched in history as the subject of diplomatic relations paved the way for the two countries, Malacca and China. 



The replica of Admiral Cheng Ho's ship


The famous Jonker Walk/ Jonker St.


We've decided to check out Jonker Street first since we never been there before. Jonker street is similar to any night market or "uptown" market but what makes it different, you can find unique and interesting things and rare snack/foods here. We would like to explore more but it ain't easy because the street was packed with crowd, and it was a bit heaty. Furthermore carrying two active toddlers that weight more than 11kg was challenging! Hihi. So we decided to keep it short, half-way through we made a u-turn, bought some souvenirs and heads on to HRC...we need aircond, plis! :P



Handmade, crafted cards..



Faaz amazed by the robots made of wires..hihi



antique stuff! ;)


My first impression upon reaching HRC was, Malacca's HRC comel! Hihi..I just love the fact that it still have the Malacca's traditional element, especially the stairs. Here how it look frontwise (credit to TripAdvisor):

Photos of Hard Rock Cafe Melaka, Melaka

This photo of Hard Rock Cafe Melaka is courtesy of TripAdvisor


and was how it looks like with three adorable kids. Hehehe...



The HRC view from the other side (from the riverside) was not bad either. Very nice, infact. The first floor is the restaurant/rock shop while the lower ground is the parking lot.

Photos of Hard Rock Cafe Melaka, Melaka

This photo of Hard Rock Cafe Melaka is courtesy of TripAdvisor


While waiting for our orders,  the kids made themselves occupied with the booklet and the crayons provided. Macam-macam ragam!



Falisya and Faaz, very dedicated since they both loves art.. 



But not with Faiqa...
She get bored after 5 minutes that Daddy had to bring her for a tour at the Rock Shop beside us. Haha!




As usual, the kids have the hot dogs as their meal and their karnivor daddy chose steak as his menu. Mommy dearest settled with a starter, an attempt for a diet. Kui kui.. :D


the kids'



the daddy's



the mommy's
protein and vege diet kononnya.
:P


Anyway, thanks daddy for the treat and jalan-jalan. We had fun, you rock! Hihi. Next time we singgah lagi Malacca for other activities k! Happy advance Father's Day!

:)




Love,




5 comments:

nurul harnani said...

diet? akak da cukup slin hot mommy la. hehe

Nadine said...

Harnani,

I did not realized the fact that I've gain weight, like you but I am!

Because..

My mom said I look bulat and my husband said my butt looks bigger.

and when I weight myself...

OMG! dah naik 3kilo dik oi!
*nangis*

sekian. :P

Anonymous said...

bookmаrked!!, I rеallу like your blog!


Also visіt my blog post - tabletki na potencje

Uncle Lee said...

Hello Nadine, this coming to you from Canada.
Really nice read about Malacca, and seeing how much it has changed.
I have not been back 26 years.
I was born in Malacca and still ada relatives in Malacca, though I doubt they still remember or even recognize me, ha ha. Been a long time.

You write very well, and nice pics too.
Have a great week, and keep a song in your heart.
Lee.

Anonymous said...

Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.

I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any suggestions for inexperienced blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate
it.

Feel free to surf to my web-site: todovietnamcom