Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The DIY Playhouse Story



We have shifted back to USJ house two weeks prior to Ramadhan and it took us weeks to open the boxes and rearranged back our stuff. The first few days back in USJ, pile of boxes were seen everywhere inside the house; the hall, the dining room, the kitchen and each corner of all the bedrooms. Each day I came back home, feeling restless the moment I saw the boxes inside our room. For almost two weeks, I slept at 2am just to clear few boxes each day...


To date, the newly renovated house is about 80% completed in terms of deco and arrangement while our room sweet room is 70% completed. We are still hunting for few small furniture to complete the look and waiting for our roller blinds to be delivered soon. Hope to complete it all by Eid, insyaAllah :)


Now that we have unloaded most of the stuff, we have another piles of empty boxes lying down at the backyard. I was thinking of what shall I do with it besides handed those boxes to the recycling centres (we have few in Subang Jaya and Putra Heights). While browsing the net, I finally came to this website that have an interesting project with boxes; to make a cardboard playhouse! It's been a while since I did an art project with my children so I was pretty much excited about it. 


But then, the twins' birthday came in and I totally forgot about the art project. And when finally I have the free time, I came to know from bibik that most of the boxes has been given away... Arghh! :( There goes my playhouse, I thought. Until bibik came to me and said that there were two small boxes left. I take a look at those boxes, they were not that big and not-that-good in terms of condition either but what the heck let just try, I told myself :D


So my art project begun with this...



2 small boxes
duck tapes
scissor
a wrapping paper (which i found from one of the boxes :P)


So I finally "transformed" this plain box....


.
.
.
.
.
into this (ok hold on your giggles, please! :P)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


The front look..


The side look

It was 70% completed (eh, eh, same as our bedroom % plak :P) as I wanted to trim down the door to make a double radius shape door, painted the door and walls with my children and decorate it.


Guess what??


The minute I brought the 3 FNs inside the room for the painting part, all three of them got excited and ALL THREE tried to sit inside the playhouse with the door closed. ALL THREE


I swear the playhouse only lasted for 20 minutes before the door started to tear off, the 4 small windows became 1 BIG window and the roof collapsed. Oh my children! LOL!! :))


Guess I need a gigantic box to make one that can fit my munchkins at one time :P


Being someone who is ambitious (is it??? :P), this is my next target.  How long will it last, then? Can you guess? Hehehehe :D



Love,

9 comments:

Mimy Hamid said...

ow kreatip la

Shah Sulong said...

hehehe.. hilarious!

tersengih sorang je kat opis bila baca your tweet pasal burger bakar tu and this blog post.. alahai nadia, you cheer me up after a tenuous day at work!

ishamizu said...

Hehe comelnya playhouse! Ada pintu ada tingkap no wonder all your munckins masuk!! Good job, mommy! ;D

tenku butang said...

woww... very da kreatif!! heee.. syonok budak2! ruang kat umah besar ke?


hai.. salam kenal,
follower no.94
done follow sini,
jom follow teman yea yunk..=)

http://tengkubutang@blogspot.com/ -->(official)
http://kucenkucenbelog.blogspot.com/ -->2nd blog

Ninie Hanis said...

Cantiknya playhouse dia..Clap2!i suka kaler duck tape tu.Memang kena banyak kotak baru jadik kan..tu baru kecik,kalau besar castle mau seronok your 3FNs.hihi.

Caiyok2 kak nadine..yg last tu kasik jadik eh?

Nadine said...

Shidah,

Hehehe..Glad to hear that babe! :D
Ramadhan Kareem my dear :)

Nadine said...

Izu,

Hehehe..masa kecik2 dulu tak dpt nak buat utk sendiri main. thanks babe! banyak lagi kena improve. how i wished we still have more boxes!

Nadine said...

Tenku,

thanks! ruang kat rumah takla besar sangat, sederhana je. Tapi cukup selesa utk kami ber 5 :)

Nadine said...

Ninie,

Hehehe, belum 100% siap pun cantik? Alhamdulillah, thanks. Tapi tak boleh lawan Ninie punye artwork, lebih berseni! :)

Yg last tu? GULP!! hehehe, insyaAllah...kena kumpul kotak dulu baru project boleh jalan :D