An easy peasy recipe which my mom used to prepare for our Iftar when we were young. It's crunchy, it's tasty, am sure your kids will love it ;)
10 pieces of Tauhu Pok (Tauhu Goreng - usually used for Curry Mee)
1 chicken breast, minced * (some used prawn meat)
1 red chilli, minced *
spring onion, thinly sliced *
1 chicken cube *
1 tablespoon corn flour *
1 egg *
1. Cut half of the width of Tauhu Pok with scissors, in + shape (refer photo). Then invert the outer side of the tauhu (skin) so that it became the inside part instead, hence having the 'flower' shape. (sorry! I forgot to snap the inverted tauhu! :P).
2. Trimmed the excessive tauhu from the skin and set it aside.
3. Mixed well all the ingredients with * sign, together with the excessive tauhu in the mixing bowl.
4. Shaped the chicken mixture into a small ball and stuffed it back inside the tauhu flower. Do for all 10 tauhu pok and keep for a while in the refrigerator (for about 20 minutes).
5. Heat the oil in the frying pan with medium heat. Fry the tauhu flower upside down. Once the stuffed chicken is brownish, turn the flower to cook the other side. Fry until both sides are browned, and the chicken is well cooked.
Serve it with chilli sauce!