Tuesday, September 10, 2013

When My Hubby Cook...

I still remembered the first time my husband "really" cook for me was way back in 2008, during the first year we got married (sorry Sayang, serving sandwiches for breakfast doesn't count as cooking to me :P). He made special burger for me, the way I like it. I was pregnant of Faaz Naqi that time.. :)


Managed to snap cute moments of him cooking. Hehehe..


On and off throughout our marriage, he did cook for me and the kids more burgers, omelets with cheese and french toasts, about 3-4 times. Coming from a zero cooking basic, it's a blessing! Hihi, dari takde langsung kan...? :) 


Last year, he told me that he wanted to learn to cook a proper meal as a survivor kind of thingy (as he travels abroad each year). So I asked him what were his preferences and from there we decided for a simple, non-complicated meal to begin with; Spaghetti Bolognese! alhamdulillah, he did well...it was delicious. nyums! 



After a year taking off from cooking, few days ago hubby told me that he would like to learn to cook something else. This time, he wanted to cook one of his favourite meal; the steak. So I decided to teach him the basic steak with basic sauce and off we went for groceries shopping.


Last Saturday, we kept the children busy in the room upstairs with Pocoyo (twinnies fav. cartoon show) and head on to the kitchen. This time, instead of me preparing the ingredients like the usual, I had him to prepare it from scratch. I had him to peel of the garlic skin, chopped it off (he made the finest chopped garlic, I swear! :D), cut the vege, and marinated the steak. I even made him prepared the steak sauce, the vege and prepared my grilled beef skewer as well! Hihi..

 


My man, busy in the kitchen. 
Did I told you that you look sexy here, sayang?
*wink*



Grilling the beef skewer. 
Love to make this these days as it's easy peasy to make +  hubby loves it so much!


With a good teacher like yours truly (*ehem!! :P), it was a major success. We finished cooking lunch at approximately 1 1/2 hours. After the cooking, came the next part. Food deco. I let him to present his "masterpiece" cooking on the plate and this was how it turned out...



Hehehe...


He basically wanted to put everything on the plate, although the steak was supposed to be served with the brown sauce and the sauteed vege ONLY! LOL! Okla, not bad, not bad for the first attempt. Like mama said, "Jil you should watch more shows on channel 703!". Hihi...


I then showed him an example of how he can do his food presentation from the food that we cook....



and suddenly Faaz Naqi came out of nowhere, excitedly wanted to join us in food presentation. He took the spatula and begun to arrange the food onto the plate. He even insisted to take the snapshot of his food presentation by himself....





This was how Faaz's interpret art through food. Not bad except he don't know when to stop (he kept piling up the asparagus on top of the steak meat :P). Faaz also simply took the photo this way as he claimed, "mommy loves to snap photo like this when it comes to food". LOL! He was referring to the way I posted my photo on instagram actually. Hahaha :D


Anyway hubs, I hope you can see how glowing my face was when you told me that you wanted to cook for us, and how I truly enjoyed eating your scrumptious meal. I hope you'll cook more food for us soon, you need not to wait till next year to tell me this ya...Heeee :D


But urm...

I didn't notice u took any notes while cooking the steak, and I also remembered you did not took any notes for the spaghetti bolognese you made last year as well...

Hurm.....

:P


Love,


6 comments:

rostina76 said...

salam nadia……wah!!!!syoknyeee. sekali sekala pun bertuah kan apatah lagi klau selalu dia nak masak. hehe

ishamizu said...

Hehe bley la geng dgn Hisham, rajin ke dapur. ;D untung la kita kan, alhamdulillah ringan sket keje kita hee.

Nway pandai Faaz amik gmbr food presentation dia tuh!! ;)

Small Kucing said...

Phewittt...chef in action ni......drool

Nadine said...

Wa'alaikumsalam Kak Ros,

Betul, betul, betul! Hihi:)

Nadine said...

Izu,

Blum boleh geng lagi kot. Fadzil masuk dapur skali skala je. Ikut mood katanya :P

Sebabkan skali skala je dpt rasa, bila skali dia masak rasa bahagia gitu! haha :)

Faaz skang minat nak ambil2 gambar ni, kadang jadi, kadang out. hihi :)

Nadine said...

Small Kucing.

Hehehe :D