Thursday, May 29, 2014

Recipe: Telur Bistik (Egg Beefsteak)


Currently I am trying the new routine of fasting on Monday and Thursday in month of Rejab. I don't know about you, but normally I will have special craving when I'm fasting. Teringin nak makan itu lah, inilah, bla, bla, bla... 



The other day, I suddenly craved for telur bistik. I think the last time I had telur bistik was during my uni years. It's been too long! Lucky I get to go back home from work by 5pm that day and lucky all the wanted ingredients were available.



As soon as the minced meat were defrost, I started cooking and alhamdulillah I enjoyed my iftar with telur bistik and warm rice. nyums!


Telur Bistik (Egg Beefsteak)




*this serving is for 1-2 person*


Ingredients:

Half cup of minced meat
1/4 cup of mixed vege
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 inch ginger, tiny sliced
1/2 onion, diced 
2 eggs
1 tbsp mayonnaise
black paper
salt
1 1/2 tbsp chilli sauce (I used Thai Chili sauce)
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 beef/chicken cube
a bit of fish sauce
water
oil for cooking
crispy fried shallot for garnishing


Method:

1. Beat the egg with mayonnaise, salt (*I used fish sauce instead*), and a dash of black paper.
2. Heat the oil and fried the egg. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, heat the oil. Fry the garlic, ginger and diced onion until fragrant. 
2. Add in the minced meat. Stir fry until the water of the meat dried. Add in the mixed vege. Stir.
3. Add in the sauces and water. Adjust the gravy taste/thickness to your liking. Stir until the sauce is cooked.
4. Pour in the gravy on top of the fried egg (omelette) and garnish with the fried shallot.


Simple isn't it? Great for Sahur for those who are fasting too!


Love,



2 comments:

Hanida Moss said...

Hai kak nadine! belanja ice cream lagi pls :p

Ema Johari said...

bolehlah masak sendiri nanti asyik order kedai jer kalau nak makan telur bistik ni