Thursday, July 3, 2014

Laila's Farewell: Buffet Lunch Cafe @ PICC

**This post has been in my draft box for quite sometime so I decided to publish it this week together with my other drafts. My apologies to you if some of the photos below causing uncomfiness during this fasting period**

________________________________________________________________



Lately, I heard a lot of resignation news either from my own department or from other departments from my workplace. Some migrated, some retired, some ventured into business and some jumped to work with operators/competitors.



The same goes with our PP clan, after Hanim left us last month, our Finance friend, Laila follow suit. Since her last day will be on the month of Ramadhan, we decided to organize her farewell "makan-makan" session earlier. This time, we chose to dine in at PICC Cafe, and tried out their Buffet Lunch.




The buffet lunch promotion has started since March this year and since that we heard a lot of good reviews on the the variety of food served and it's affordable price. FYI, for a total 65 assorted menus, each person is required to pay RM15.00 nett (tax included). Cheap, isn't it?




We had pre-booked our table earlier as advised, and lucky we did because we saw the crowd started to build up as early as 12pm. By 12.30pm, it was packed!


The crowd, when we arrived at 11.45am



Us..from the right side



and from the left side..ahaks! :P

There were a lot of dishes to choose from the starters to the desserts and all were equally good and consistent with the reviews we heard before. There were two types of rice served; White Rice and Tomato Rice. I opt for white rice, of course because I wanted to indulge into traditional Malays cuisines such as Masak Lemak Cili Padi or Patin Masak Tempoyak. It won't be a good match if it's eaten with Tomato Rice, unless I opt for Kurma.



First round..hehe


I had the Sup Tulang for my starters. Quite spicy, and actually I saw a lot of cili padi "swimming" inside the soup! hihi. Then, I proceed with my rice meal as I was too hungry (I skipped breakfast that morning just for this occasion..hehe). I took the Masak Lemak Nangka with Rebung, Ayam Goreng Berempah, Lala Goreng Cili, Salted fish, Ulams and a bit of cencaluk. Nyums! There were a lot of other dishes too such as Patin Masak Tempoyak, Kurma Telur, Fish Curry, Beef Rendang and Siput Sedut Masak Lemak



I had to skip this as I did not want to stain my scarf..

But guess what, my friend Zai who sat beside me ate a full bowl of this and he enjoyed it so much that he accidentally stained my scarf T_T


Nadine is not Nadine if she did not have her second or third rounds of buffet meals :P so for my second round, I opt for Penne Pasta, Grilled Fish (Ikan Bakar) and Kerabu Kacang Botol. Nyums!



Then I had their tauhu bakar, rojak buah and desserts which consists of  bubur kacang, jellies and cakes (I have forgotten the details). Usually, when I went for a buffet lunch/dinner, the desserts will be the last to finish (at the buffet area). However, in this case the desserts in this cafe finished so quick that during the 1 1/2 hours time, it has been replenished for 3 times! They were good... :).




As usual, the PP clan gathering would never been complete without loads of selfies and photo sessions...hihi so yeah, we posed for a while before we went back to the office when the lunch hours ended. 



Posing..



Group selfies.. heheh!



and candid!!

Hahaha!

To Laila, nice knowing you for the past 2 years (FYI, she was my junior in IIUM and we used to go to zumba class together) I wish you all the best for your future career with the new company. Don't forget us ok!! :)



Laila & I


p.s: During this Holy month of Ramadhan, PICC Cafe also offered buffet for Iftar (Buka Puasa) with variety of food at a reasonable price. Do check it out, if you interested ;)



Love,

No comments: