Thursday, June 25, 2015

Recipe: Kung Pao Chicken (Chicken Cashew nuts)

Assalamualaikum and Hi dear readers,



Ramadhan Kareem and Happy Fasting to all my Muslim readers. How is your Ramadhan so far? As for mine, it is exciting and meaningful because it's my first Ramadhan alone with my nucleus family in our own house, and alhamdulillah it's the first year my 6 year old son fasting on his own, without us requesting him to do so. Having all three of us to Sahur and then pray for Subh prayer in jamaah is such a blessing, when starting each morning :) 



The other day, I uploaded this photo of my hubby's favourite meal which I cooked for Iftar, and surprisingly I received an overwhelming request for it's recipe :)






So here it is, Kung Pao Chicken; Nadine's style.. :)


Ingredients:
  • Chicken breast, diced
  • Oyster sauce
  • Corn starch
  • Cashew nuts, fried or roasted
  • Dried chili, cut smaller
  • Garlic, sliced
  • Ginger, sliced
  • Large onion, largely sliced
  • Garlic Chili Sauce ( I used Life Thai Chili sauce)
  • Chicken cube (1/2 cube)
  • 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
  • 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
  • Spring onion, sliced
  • water
  • cooking oil

Method:


  1. Marinate the chicken breast with oyster sauce for about half an hour.
  2. Coat the chicken breast with corn starch and stir fried the chicken for about 4-5 minutes. Set it aside.
  3. In the saucepan, used the oil to fry the chicken and stir fry the garlic, ginger, dried chili and large onion until fragrant. 
  4. In a small bowl, combined all the sauces with chicken cube and some water (adjust the thickness).
  5. Add in the chicken into the pan and stir. Pour in the sauces mixture and stir. 
  6. Add in the cashew nuts, and stir.
  7. Lastly add in the spring onion, stir and it's ready to be served!

Love,



1 comment:

Fatimah Al-Attas said...

Drooling! haha I have to make this, they look so good!