Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Recipe: Kam Heong Crab

We had a family gathering cum Iftar with my family on the first week of Ramadhan (yes, this is a LONG DUE post..hehe :P) and I decided to bring some dishes as well, sort of potluck. I made Kam Heong Crab and Strawberry Chocolate Pudding.




For the first time in my life, I cooked crab. Haha. Not that I dislike it, but it's just something that I/hubby wants to eat. So usually, when we craving for it we just head on to the nearest seafood restaurant and order :P


But my mom LOVES crab and because of her (and because I love her mucho) I finally cooked crabs. Glad everyone loves it, including my new brother-in-laws. Ok dah pass lepas ni boleh masak utk mertua plak. Hihi.. :)




My second cousin requested the recipe on IG, so Aqilah here it goes...(sorry for being this late!! huhu)


Ingredients

2 Crabs; cut into pieces for each crab
2 Tbsp Dried Shrimps, soaked and drained
3 Shallots, chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
8 Bird’s Eye Chilies (cili api), chopped - optional, if you like it spicy
Curry Leaves
2 Tbsp Fish Curry Powder
2 tsp black pepper powder
3 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
Salt/sugar
Oil for deep-frying



Method

Heat the oil in a pan, and deep fry the crabs in about 5 minutes. Set it aside. 

Fry the dried shrimps until crispy. Add in shallots, garlic, the bird's eye chilies and curry leaves. Stir. Add in curry powder and cook until the mixture is fragrant. Add in black peppers powder, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce. Stir. Add a bit of water if the paste is too dry. Add in salt/sugar if necessary. 

Lastly, add in the crabs, stir well and serve immediately.


Love,

No comments: